About your Captain, Michael Jamboretz ” Jambo”
My name is Michael Jamboretz I am the Owner-Operator of Jambo’s Sportfishing.
I grew up in the Pacific Northwest, north of Seattle. We were fortunate to have a small stream nearby where I spent many of my days during my teen years, hanging out fishing the large Trout it had to offer. Looking back I suspect that this is where it all started. I always had a passion for fishing, although I knew nothing about the salt water side of fishing until later in life. After serving a couple of years in the Marine Corps I purchased my first boat in 1972. I was really amazed to find out all of the great things the Pacific Northwest had to offer. I couldn’t get enough of the Salmon Fishing, Crabbing, Clamming and Oysters that were available. I was probably a little crazy taking a 17’ Thompson out in the ocean out of Neah Bay. All that was on that boat for navigation, was a Flasher type Depth Sounder and a Compass. Here I am way older, and several boats later, and still living to fish. Nothing makes me happier than to return home with a crew of smiling faces after another day of success on the salt. We have a reputation for ignoring fuel costs to take our guests to the best opportunity available. I like to be the Boat that people talk about. I take a lot of pride in providing the best equipment available, and will work hard and go the extra mile to be the best that we can be, to achieve that success.
- Over 35 Years experience fishing in the Pacific Northwest
- United States Coast Guard 100 ton Masters Licensed Captain
- First Aid and CPR certified
- Member of Random Drug testing Consortium
- Member of the National Association of Charterboat Operators
- Member of the Charterboat Association of Puget Sound
- Member of Puget Sound Anglers -Sno-King Chapter
- Member of Coastal Conservation Association(CCA)
- Pro-Staff for many Tackle manufacturers
- Featured on Root Sports Fishing Shows